Total Pageviews

Friday, May 19, 2006

TRIP PLANS

MAY 19/06

This has been a week of making trip plans. On Tuesday I received my e-ticket confirmations for both Chile and NYC (going to NYC on Sept 5 - 9) and also received a package of City Tour tickets (media) for all the important sites around NYC. (We'll never have time to see them all!)

In addition to these exciting adventures, there will be a few local trips this summer, starting the first weekend of June when my writer's group goes on our writer's retreat weekend to Mayne Island. That will be particularly special as it's my birthday weekend so it will be a Gemini celebration. On the 10th, my friend and travel buddy Patrick arrives from Germany. We are planning a trip over to Vancouver Island and also a few days in the Interior, then he's heading up to Banff to see the Rockies. The rest of the summer will be spent in town here, hopefully enjoying sunshine and beach time and getting a bit of work so I can pay for the big trips in the Fall.

I'll start doing some research about Chile soon, because as travel journalist I can approach the Chilean tourism about hosting tours and possibly accomodations. I know I want to see Pablo Neruda's house and also visit Valparaiso. But what else is there to see? I know C. will take us to all the places familiar to A. and that will be the highlight of the journey.

So...the summertime will be full of dreams of adventures and making more trip plans.
Something to really look forward to!

***there had been some talk of me going to the Havana Jazz Festival with my Havana Buddy but the dates conflict with Chile. However he asked if I'd be interested in going another time and certainly, I would! I love Cuba -- cha-cha-cha!

No comments: