Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 09, 2008

A WALK IN THE WOODS: CENTRAL PARK, Burnaby B.C.

Yes, we have our Central Park too, located in Burnaby B.C. just past Boundary Road, the dividing line between the municipality of Burnaby and Vancouver city. I used to live nearby and often took my dogs for walks in this park. There's also a very nice children's playground where I've supervised daycare groups on outings. And just to take a stroll in the woods on a mild, sunny afternoon, it's a handy park to get to by public transport, car or foot.

There is a fitness track around the outside perimeter of the park where you can stop during your jog or walk and do chin-ups or sit-ups and various other fitness exercises. There are trails running through the park, most of them leading to this small 'lake' where there are flocks of ducks paddling in the water. There's also a small gazebo and some picnic tables, and nearby a golf putting range and other sports facilities.
The main wild life in the park are the squirrels -- hundreds of them, and most of them cheeky and bold. This little fellow actually started to run up my leg while I was resting on the bench, and when I shooed him away he ran up behind me and started exploring my back-pack.
I didn't have a thing to feed him so he eventually gave up.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: