Total Pageviews

Friday, September 14, 2007

MYKONOS




MYKONOS' FAMOUS WINDMILLS

My friend wanted to see a Cycladic Island so I suggested Mykonos. As we were going there at the end of May it wasn't yet the height of the tourist season when this island can become the hedonist capital of the Mediterranean. My friend was impressed. We had a beautiful few days there exploring the narrow cobbled streets and little churches (there are many small churches on Mykonos.)
Following my travel theme of seeking out Venetian sites, of course we had to visit Little Venice, a famous part of Mykonos. The best time to do is sunset where you can have a delicious meal and enjoy the gorgeous colors and serenity of the sea.



We had a number of excellent adventures while we were on Mykonos and on my next blog I'll post more photos of them. All the details of the trip are on my previous blogs, written while I was there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: